Arlo security cameras are a reliable source of security and protection. They are a product of Netgear and have been providing excellent security benefits to its users around the world. These cameras are very easy to set up and install are super user-friendly. The only part where customers seem to have an issue is the firmware update of Arlo cameras. The firmware update of Arlo cameras usually happens automatically as long as it is connected to the base station and has a battery life of at least 15 percent. But sometimes, you might be required to update it manually under certain circumstances. When that happens you must at least know how to proceed with the steps. And even if you don’t know how to do that, you shouldn’t worry too much as this blog will explain it to you in simple terms. You can also get the information by contacting Arlo customer support.
Since there are many versions or series of Arlo cameras, you will be shown how to manually update the firmware of these different versions.
Arlo Q, Arlo Q Plus, Arlo Go firmware update steps.
- To start off with the process, you need to either open the app or go to Arlo official page and log in.
- Now, click on ‘settings’ and choose ‘my devices’ and select the device.
- After that, click on ‘device info’ and select ‘firmware’ and ‘update’ it.
- Now just wait for it to get updated and after it is done, you can stream the cameras again.
Arlo and Arlo Pro firmware update steps.
- First, you need to open the app and go to ‘settings’.
- Under settings, click on ‘my devices’ and select the devices again.
- Choose ‘device info’ and after that ‘firmware’ and click ‘update’. Make sure the base station is on during the process.
- Now, wait until it gets updated and wait for the LED light to turn green.
Arlo Wire-free and Arlo wire-free Pro malware update steps.
- Log in to your Arlo account and under settings, choose ‘device info’ then ‘device settings’ after that click on ‘my devices’ and choose the device name. Make sure not to open the battery door or remove the battery while the update is in progress.
- The LED will turn off for some minutes. Wait for it to turn back on and blink rapidly in a blue hue which will indicate that the update is done.
- Keep repeating the steps for all the cameras until you have successfully updated all.
These are the steps for firmware updates for different Arlo cameras.